Some helped out in "memorable" ways
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Some helped out in "memorable" ways
Posted by Cindy Cain at 5:32 PM
Friday, February 26, 2010
1) - I am grateful that I was able to organize a 'Paying It Forward' event tomorrow and it looks like the weather is going to hold. We have dozens of people who will be showing up to help a friend with a list of 'things' that need to be done. I am SO excited!!!
2) - Tonight I am most grateful for Friday nights. Off work a little early, hubby making dinner, quiet night at home with the Olympics and time to read some blogs that I've missed so much.
3) - Grateful for a full-time job and patients to fill the schedule. Not that we want to see sick kids, but it is how God is supplying our needs.
4) - Though I didn't want anymore pet's when our last one left us 5 years ago, I am so thankful for Sammie. He brings so much joy into our home. He is funny and Loves to play. One day I will share a photo with you. He loves to jump on my back every night and take a horsey ride to the cupboard where he gets his bone and then we get to play chase until he gets tired (I mean until I get tired).
5) - Lastly, tonight I am grateful for our sweet church. I just love how God has placed us exactly where He wants us and has been opening doors for ministry. Looking forward to seeing what HE does next.
What are you grateful for tonight?
I pray that you can see through trials and tribulations to find TRIUMPHS!!!!
Posted by Cindy Cain at 4:11 PM
Friday, February 19, 2010
Tonight I am thankful for so many things but I suppose I will stick to five.
1. It's been a long work week and I get to eat homemade fried chicken and mashed potatoes for dinner thanks to my hubby:) I just LOVE having a hubby who loves to cook and clean up after dinner:)
2. One of my nieces started a new business of hand crocheted hats and accessories for babies and children. I am so thankful for her and the life she has chosen for her children. Check her out at these places.
http://carissascircleoffive.blogspot.com/ her family blog.
http://graciesgarden1.blogspot.com/ her business blog.*OR Become a fan on Facebook:
Gracies Garden: The latest in Handmade Hats and Accessories
3. Thankful that the weather is beautiful in Phoenix and we are having a garage sale in the morning:) Who wants a piano?
4. Thankful that my mom is healthy and still working at almost 74 years old. Gives me hope for my future.
5. Especially thankful that my oldest son and his wife have a healthy pregnancy and our family is growing:)
What are you thankful for tonight?
Posted by Cindy Cain at 6:18 PM
Tuesday, February 16, 2010
I was shy and awkward when inside I longed to be outgoing and graceful. I was easily embarrassed and always felt a bit like a black sheep. I was starved for attention yet when someone would try to offer it I became stiff and built walls to protect myself from being hurt. I had ulcers at 18 because I held every feeling inside!
I worked very hard to keep all things visibly perfect. From my clothing, shoes, jewelry and room to my body. I exercised, ate well, kept my skin clean, teeth great, body in perfect shape along with that southern California tan, I was the picture of perfection!
Fast-forward several decades, some counseling, forgiveness and an abundant amount of God's grace and no longer do I see the signs of that childhood perfectionist. Instead, I see a home that is far from the spotless place I would love for it to be, clothing that sometimes wears thin and has a stain or two, no tan but skin that is covered with age spots and the consequences of too much sun, and a body that no long reflects exercise and health but portrays too many donuts and ice cream, oh and chocolate.
Now instead of perfectionism I struggle with the joy of being redeemed and forgiven but forget about the yielding of my will. My outlook has become short-term gratification instead of long-term satisfaction.
Many nights I close my eyes to sleep and quietly (internally) cry out to God ~ Why Oh Why ~ can I not get my eating habits under control? Why do I struggle so much? How can I say one minute that today is the day and the next minute I am eating something for no reason? I hate myself for my inability to be obedient and yield this area of my life to God.
I have struggled even writing this post because once things are out people may hold you accountable to your word. I certainly don't seem to be able to do that myself. Here I am pouring my heart out to an unknown audience while sitting at my desk with a 20 oz Sprite, 2 1.75 oz Mr.Goodbars and a 3 oz bag of Fritos honey/bbq twists for lunch. Ummmm...do you see something wrong with this picture?
My taste buds want to have gratification NOW but my heart would love the satisfaction of winning a battle. Unfortunately the taste buds seem to out power the desires of my heart.
I have struggled these past few weeks with writing this because I know family and friends read this blog, but the reality is, this blog is my journal of my journey and this is in fact part of my journey. I difficult part, YES! But nonetheless a part!
So, where do I go from here? Well, of course, to the Cross! On my knees, yielding my will, yielding my need for gratification, yielding myself to God's perfect plan and mercy!
Posted by Cindy Cain at 11:52 AM
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Friday, February 5, 2010
Posted by Cindy Cain at 8:32 PM