Thursday, June 10, 2010


So, where to start?

The past 72 hours seem a blur of emotions, driving freeways and more tests than I can remember anybody undergoing in such a short period of time.

The good news of the day is that Mark's Creatinine went from 1.64 to 1.5 today. Doctors are looking for 1.3 or less. Also, his UA was negative today compared to yesterday's scare. And, I believe we were told his blood cultures are negative so far. I can't remember though, but I think that is what they said.

The finally did the renal ultra sound this morning and between those results and the CT Scan they did find that Mark has Hydronephrosis which is a dilation of the transplanted kidney. This could be caused by infection or a blockage. Tomorrow morning they will do a nuclear renal scan to see if there is a blockage.

They did another CT Scan tonight of Mark's chest because when they did the previous abdominal CT they saw cloudiness in Mark's lower lungs. The possibilities are numerous but Valley Fever and Congestive Heart Failure were discussed. They will do a 2D Echo of Mark's heart tomorrow also.

They are running cocci titers in the morning and a host of other blood work.

He had a prostate check and blood drawn for PSA. So far those look good:)

The stopped two of his antibiotics and now is only on one, so that is also good news.

They have begun a 24-hour urine to check quantitatives for protein. ??? Don't ask!

They will also check his Cellcept and Rapmune levels in the morning. Poor guy, what a pin cushion his arms are becoming.

I honestly can't remember if I was told anything else. I wrote several things down but my mind is a blank just now.

Doctors predict he will remain in the hospital through the weekend which drew some 'grouchy' out of my guy:( I have my work cut out for me:)

As for things on the home front, somehow the pile of dishes on the counter grew larger (but I just washed them-yes by hand-our dish washer is broken) and laundry well, piled higher! Dog hair in the hallway multiplied and the bed, still unmade, but no problem because I may actually lie down at some point before morning.

Matthew is fine and had a great day at Raw-Hide and then went to dinner with Andrew and family. (So sweet of them)

So, that it about it! I have much to do before work in the AM and then off to the hospital by 10am or so.

Oh, and by the way, I ate a really awful salad at the hospital today so I decided to skip dinner and now I will treat myself to a LARGE Reece's Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard!! I wonder how many points that is???

"Though I was pushed back and about to fall, the Lord helped me. The Lord is my strength and my song: he has become my salvation. Shouts of joy and victory resound in the tents of the righteous: The Lord's right hand has done mighty things! Psalm 118: 113-15


1 comment:

  1. please let me know if I can help you with anything~remember...I love to vacuume!!! I can also drive Matthew anywhere he needs to go!!! btw, You deserved that Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Blizzard!!!


Hi Friend, I read and cherish every single comment you leave! You bring Joy to my heart! Blessings, Cindy