I am so excited about the opportunities which are before all of us for a divine 2009!
2008 was a year of 1st in my life and at the same time a year of closures from past relationships, hurt and pain. God did some amazing things in my life in 2008.
We celebrated a huge milestone when my husband reached his '5' year anniversary of his kidney transplant. Gratefulness cannot even express how we feel. God is Awesome!
In May of 2008 I began this blog as a challenge from my counselor and ended up meeting some of the most precious women in the world. What started off as a challenge soon became one of God's tools in my complete healing. From the book study "Behind Those Eyes" to my final post of 2008 "He Held Them All" I am completely healed and whole in Jesus.
That realization has led me to ponder what my next step is for this blog and in doing so I have decided to make a few changes which I believe will allow this blog to be used as a tool in other people's lives. Here are a few things I plan for 2009.
- There will be a running sidebar prayer list with links to blogs of family and friends who are struggling with health or other challenges in their lives. This list will continually be updated as I seek permission from individuals who need prayer.
- I will be doing several book reviews this year. The first will be in 2 weeks (Never Say Diet by Chantel Hobbs) and each book review will have one free book giveaway along with information on how to purchase the book. Watch for details.
- I will again participate in an on-line book study, the first of which begins January 6th. Check out Lelia's Blog for details and please join in, these studies are wonderful and life changing.
- I will also be working on my first book. I will be posting questions during the year regarding the Church in America. I won't give away too many details yet but I am publicly making a commitment to finally get my words in writing.
- And of course I will be updating you on my family and things we are enjoying in life.
While I am sure 2009 will have it's share of challenges I am equally confident to continue living out God's Words as written in James 1:2-4 "Consider it pure joy, my friends, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish it's work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything".
That is where I desire to be - mature and complete in the Lord. AND...as always I will be:
Considering It All Joy!
PS: This note is from my bloggy friend Lee: "You forgot to say, "I will help Lee organize her office and will then post pictures to hold her accountable for keeping it that way!" :)"
OK Lee - The challenge is on!!!!!